Commencement of Online Application : 1st September 2014 (Monday)
Last Date For :Submission of Application and supporting documents 1st October 2014 (Wednesday)
Exam Schedule :
GATE Notification : The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have seven branches in All over in India which are Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly they going to conduct the Most famous Exam GATE 2015. This Exam has conducted every year in all over in India. The GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. This year the organizing institute IIT Kanpur is responsible for the al the process and coordinationamongest the administering Institutes.
Basic Features of GATE 2015 :
- Examinations for all the 22 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the examination.
- GATE 2015 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 31st January 2015 and 14th February 2015. Examination for some of the papers in GATE 2015 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- For GATE 2015 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents, etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents, etc., to any of the IIT/IISc zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be online through different modes like net banking, debit/credit card, e-challan, etc.
- The admit cards for GATE 2015 would be available through the online process only. Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2015 website. No hard copy of admit cards will be posted to the candidates.
- GATE 2015 score is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results
What is New In GATE 2015
- Examinations for all the 22 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad
- Bio metric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the start of the exam 3) GATE 2015 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon sessions on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between January 31, 2015 and February 14, 2015.
Academic Qualification For GATE 2014-15:-
Candidates Must have these Eligibility Criteria for GATE Exam 2015
- B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharma: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture /Pharmacy (Post-Diploma /Post B.Sc/4 years after 10+2 / Post B.Sc / Post-Diploma)
- M.Sc/M.A./MCA: Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics / Statistics/Computer applications or equivalent
- Int M.E./M.Tech or Dual Degree (after 10+2 or Diploma): Integrated Master’s degree programs or dual degree programs in Engineering/Technology (five year programme)
- Int M.E./M.Tech (Post B.Sc): Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (four year programme)
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch): B.E./B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)